So, we pretty much lock Aidan in his room at night. While we don't actually LOCK him in there, we do use a safety knob on the door that makes it hard for his little hands to open it. Lately, people have been kind enough to inform us that this is in fact a form of child neglect. So, we have experimented with keeping the door open at night. For the most part this means that Wade and I wake up to Aidan having turned on all the lights, having woken up Owen and usually we see him standing over us at 5:30 in the morning. Those things we can deal with. Saturday he found a new way to raise the bar. I heard him moving around at six, saw the light on, but he was being quiet. I thought maybe he was being considerate, but the evidence points elsewhere. He had taken it upon himself to start a new hobby--photography. He got ahold of the new digital camera and began snapping fifteen minutes worth of pictures. Most of them he calls "jumping on the bed." He didn't immediately fess up to the crime, but as a novice criminal he left the evidence on the memory card.
Oh, if only he could channel that energy into something good--like cleaning or washing dishes... Needless to say, I think Santa will be bringing this little boy a 'kid-proof' digital camera for Christmas!
1 comments:
didn't know you had a blog. fun to read about the boys. photography does run in the extended family.
Post a Comment